Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Draft of Purpose statement

Over this lifetime, I can count with one hand the amount of people of I’ve come across that truly don’t care what anyone says or thinks about them. Now-a-days, practically everyone I come across cares and don’t live for themselves. My mom is a nanny of female triplets and I’ve spent quite some time with them over the 4 years they have been alive and my mom has cared for them. Spending my time with them, I’ve seen them develop and although they each have their own personalities, they have a carefree mind. I want them to have that for the rest of their lives and not change into the weak mindedness people possess in the modern day. What I want communicated is for people to stop caring and living the life others wish them to live. The audience should reflect on the way they are now and see if they live true to themselves or for the way others want them to. Seeing the triplets’ careless minds and seeing how I will out on the majority of their life as I embark on my military career after this semester, it made me think of how they will turn out in the future. I hope they keep the same careless mind and gung-ho attitude throughout their lives and never let anyone step on them; and if someone does, that they will make them pay dearly. I see this every time I see them and wonder where down the line this might start to change and let others get into their heads. The best outcome is for people to reflect on themselves and see why they are the way they are. The worst outcome would be for people to keep going the way they are which is what I fully expect. Seeing as how the audience is full of people that care what others think, the presentation cannot be about myself but others. For this purpose, I am using pictures of the triplets. People connect more with children and their attention is grabbed more by them. Also, being kids is about being care free. At one point or another, all people didn’t care about the world around them, but only about themselves and did what made them happy. Showing pictures of children will get the point across more. As far as content, all pictures will be of the triplets and it will be in power point format. It will be in color to stand out and catch the eye and look as if the kids themselves made it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment